Friday, April 15, 2011

I Am Jack's Complete Lack Of Surprise.

Things have now reached the point, where I feel as if I need a lifeline. It dawned on me yesterday at work when I helped an older woman, in her 60 sixties or so. As I do with any customer I encounter at work, I said “Thank you and have a nice day.” She replied with “Any day on the right side of the green grass is a good day” and smiled at me. I forced myself to smile back and as soon as she left, I excused myself to the restroom. Sitting there in the stall, I quietly wept to myself. I cried, because at that moment I realized I don’t feel that way at all. I’d rather go to sleep and never wake up, than to deal with the pain every new morning. I guess it’s all been building to it, but it never dawned on me how badly I’ve been handling it. My emotions have spiraled out of control and all I feel is depression. I haven’t been able to eat and each time I try, it comes right back up. I’ve barely been able to sleep and the few times I do, I never want to wake up again. Last night I had a dream where I was suffering severe vertigo and it jolted me awake, but that sense of disorientation was still there. I got out of bed to go splash water on my face and I couldn’t make it. As I lay there staring at the ceiling, I started to wonder what the point of anything really is anymore. Everyday is just the same. Mundane routine followed by more mundane routine, without an ounce of happiness. Why bother?

No comments:

Post a Comment